Afrika-Verein (the German-African Business Association) and GHA – German Health Alliance are pleased to invite you to the 7th German-African Healthcare Forum – Virtual Edition on 28th October 2020 organized as a side conference to the World Health Summit which will be held from 25th to 27th October 2020 in Berlin.
This year’s German-African Healthcare Forum will discuss major developments in the healthcare sector in Africa, especially in times of COVID-19. The focal topic will therefore be Beyond Pandemic Preparedness: Strengthening Healthcare Systems in Africa during and after COVID-19, also taking into account the digitalization process in the health sector.
Healthcare systems around the world have and are undergoing huge challenges, especially in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. Many countries in Africa still experience the strain of the pandemic. Short-term responses to the pandemic were very difficult to achieve. Focusing on strengthening the healthcare systems as a whole is the key as a longer-term measure. Global cooperation and public-private partnerships also play a big role and will be discussed during the upcoming forum.
What’s behind the phenomenon of low infection rates in Africa? What role does private sector engagement play in the stabilisation of health systems on the continent? Will digital solutions dominate the healthcare space in Africa of tomorrow? – these and more issues will be addressed by our high level speakers
- Hon. Jens Spahn, Federal Minister for Health, Germany (video message)
- Hon. Jean Louis Hanitrala Rakotovao, Minister of Public Health, Madagascar
- Hon. Daniel Ngamije, Minister of Health, Rwanda
- Hon. Dr Alpha T. Wurie, Minister of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone
- Prof. Akin Abayomi, Honourable Commissioner, Lagos State Ministry of Health, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Hon. Dr Joyce Moriku Kaducu, State Minister for Primary Health Care, Uganda
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organisation (WHO) (video message)
- Dr Ahmed Ogwell, Deputy Director, Africa CDC and representatives of
- UNICEF, International Finance Corporation (IFC) and more.
We have put together an exciting program covering a high ranking introductory plenary in which African Health Ministers will discuss the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and how to strengthen healthcare systems in Africa on a more general level followed by three panel discussions focusing on the following topics:
- Partnerships in Strengthening Healthsystems
- Digital and Innovative Healthcare Solutions and
- Financing and Investing in Healthcare Projects to Match the Demand for Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Products and Medical needs, Repurposing, Opportunities and Coordination.
Together with high level experts and partners from Africa, Germany and Europe, the German-African Healthcare Forum serves to foster business partnerships on the African continent in addition to creating a platform for exchange and networking between African and German key actors within the field of healthcare.
Due to the special situation regarding COVID-19 the 7th GAHF edition will take place online making the conference even more accessible to hundreds of companies from all over the world. GAHF provides a special service to all participants to enable them to interact and arrange one-on-one virtual exchanges. We look forward to connecting with you during the event.
Registration open - we look forward to meeting you online on 28 October!